Thursday, December 05, 2013

so...Caroline's getting a CI!

Actually, it's only since being somewhat at a loose end - too much time on my hands with this broken wrist! - do I feel inspired to try and follow the trajectory of my journey into Cochlear Implant land.

I have no idea if this or any other bollix I may or may not spout will be of interest to anyone else on the planet, but the main idea for myself is really to (relatively) closely document  the months of wonderment, hope, frustration and joy I will surely encounter in 2014 due to the fact that I am now to get a hole bored in my head and flaps adjusted behind my left ear to place a cochlear implant.

I will undertake to be as explanatory as I can, and will use links to various websites if and when it seems appropriate. I will be as honest as I can about things... this might well include sweary words. It's my blog, a kind of diary if you will, so I'm not apologising. Just be assured that no offence is intended. 

This whole endeavour may well be peppered with Dutch words and phrases. Living here so long, I tend to do this all day and every day in speech too, especially in discussion with folks I know will know what I am saying. I realise that this is not always ideal if addressing a solely English speaker but it knackers my flow if I have to reword every single thing so... please use the handy translator provided here above left if this proves at all problematic. 

2 comments:

Pleased to hear if you have any comment...keep it clean, I will not be monitoring things.