Saturday, December 21, 2013

Operation date is set!

Now we're cookin' wi' gas!

Got post today. I've to sign in on 21 st January 2014 and the op is on the 22nd. Have to reckon on 3 or 4 days in hospital. I'm all of a flutter...it's really happening now!

J is considering getting accommodation for a couple of nights as he will of course want to be around, and it's 2 hours there and 2 hours back on public transport otherwise. So we'll see.

I have also had another appointment added to the 13th... for 9 a.m.... which means a waaay early start to get there on time. But, needs must, so it's up in the morning Caroline!

We will be back and forward to the UMC very regularly in the coming months what with recuperation and getting switched on and learning to hear with the CI and what not, so it's no small investment in fares alone.

I should be 'out of the picture' as far as work is concerned for about a week at least, but am hoping I will be quite capable after that as of course I have had a long down time due to my broken wrist. I hope not to miss much more. My client is very patient and understands that this typing lark is really none too smooth with one hand missing. One ear missing shouldn't really add to the problem at all :)

I have just realised that the 'translator' link on here is of course Google...which is handy but awful and is more for Dutch to translate stuff (badly!) to English. I will try and add something for English speakers to translate Dutch words to English. Is what is more required I think, although I haven't used much Dutch...so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleased to hear if you have any comment...keep it clean, I will not be monitoring things.