Tuesday, February 11, 2014

update before SOday

I go tomorrow to join the hearing world again. Although I have been managing not too badly with one HA since the op and am thankful to have had it, I am very much looking forward to using both ears and their assorted aids again. Of course I know the CI won't be much good at first but I'm sure it will be fun practicing with it... just don't quote me.

The meds to counteract the dizzies kicked, in and yesterday was the 2nd full day of not feeling yukky - I even took Luna out for a couple of minutes. But... poor J had to resort to the morning walk again today as I awoke birlin' again. Not too badly, but definitely not fully normal. Will keep taking the tablets for another couple of days and I'll see what they suggest tomorrow.

We had a laugh last night, trying a magnet on my head :) It worked! hahaha... visions of myself getting my head yanked to one side on passing assorted magnets. The one I tried was too heavy to hang on to the metal in my skull - I'm so curious to know how it feels! Of course it's not a magnet in there or folks would be pulled left and right to anything metal around that they walk past. DONG!

My blog editor (J) has pointed out that I use too many Americanisms... me that advocates more use of Scots (not that I use that much on here) and slates others' use of Americanisms too! I have now removed and/or replaced them in earlier blogs and will be stricter with myself from now on. Plain bad English might well appear, I don't by any means profess to be perfect .

Pretty sure I will be OK for the trip to Utrecht tomorrow - to be there for 11am. I do want to enquire about the numb ear - there is some marginal improvement but it's hard to judge. Vit B12 is good for restoring nerve damage I think? Will get some if so.

This anti-housewife really does need to get the finger out as E is coming next Monday with F for a few days, but I have had a good excuse for not cleaning and tidying. It's just that it's gone on so long it's beginning to prove hard to disguise. Still, one man's messy hoose is another man's palace eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleased to hear if you have any comment...keep it clean, I will not be monitoring things.