Friday, February 07, 2014

All jabbed up

That's me had my jabs then. Plural because that was what was recommended - pneumo-something or other and HiB? Which I would have seen if I'd read the bloody paperwork properly. One in each arm. J got a very begrudged refund of the original wrong prescription but the chemist will now charge that to the doc who will probably then bill us so all a waste of time.

While at this doctor (not my own GP as he's not there on a Friday) I got yet another prescription filled. For something to try and counteract this dizziness as it's beginning to get me down... literally. Although I had my extra pair of ears with me (J) and I specifically pointed out I was HoH, I had to contend with this bloke speaking to his desk while writing, or walking away to get something... and worse, ignoring me and speaking to J for me, like I'm an imbicile and just out with my carer! arghghghgh! I also asked specifically for something that didn't have a side-effect like 'causes dizziness'... specifically! And he specifically said 'I wouldn't prescribe it if it did.' First thing chemist says to J - 'be aware it can cause dizzy spells'. W. T. actual F.?

But anyway, trying it now. I know it's not caused by an ear infection of course... but I just hope this helps take it away. The sooner the better as I can do practically nothing... and go nowhere on my own. Now, if I'm honest, I'm not a great one for running around doing very much of anything, but not being able to is still very frustrating and I'm beginning to worry that 'this is it'... know what I mean? I'm going to be dizzy for ever! Lying down doing nothing with eyes shut is my forte but I can't bloody even do that because the world takes off when I do!

J also happened to mention in the passing that the doctor at the stitch removal had said the frozen ear might not get better, so what with the dizzies, and that... feeling less positive about all this carry on today. But aha, the wee foldy paper in the vaccination drug box says summat about 'feeling uncertain, crying'... hmmm, like I need an excuse for that! I'm usually pretty positive about things though, so we'll put this all down to the inoculations kicking in!

And btw, has anybody ever, in the history of mankind, ever managed to fold those bloody things up again? They're worse than maps!

2 comments:

  1. You were with your carer, honnepon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that, and my extra ears did get a mention, but I'm not an imbecile... do not respond to that bit! :)

      Delete

Pleased to hear if you have any comment...keep it clean, I will not be monitoring things.