Friday, November 05, 2021

Swimmety swim swim

I’ve been and gone and done it. I’ve signed up. No getting out of it now, the monies are deducted and I’m tied to this for… months, years? When will I learn?

But no, be positive, it’s a good thing. Knowing me, if I don’t ‘sign up’, it just never will happen. This is good, this is clever, this is going to be fun.

Trying to put a positive swing on it, I rummage around in my shelves to dig out the long-hidden swimming costume. So much has not even been possible this last long while (Covid restrictions) that it hasn’t seen the light of day in ages and I’m just hoping there’s exponentially more elastic in the thing than it was probably manufactured to have. Because let’s face it, my skin has had to be… erm… elastic - ‘this last long while’ too.

It’s why I’m doing this. That, and the still-not-certain wedding coming up. I’ve tried the obvious, like ‘eat less and move more'. Turns out, you need to actually eat less and move more for any kind of difference to be made! Who knew! I’ve tried the ‘avoid eating xx’ and the ‘use this supplement (x23)’ and I even took to walking (slightly) more, but, surprise, surprise… all to no avail. The only consolation has been that my wrinkles are all puffed out so I, obvs, look younger. Fatter, but younger. Bit of a ‘you scratch my back…’ situation going on there. It’s not all doom and gloom.

So, the cozzy. Hmm. Best not to look in the mirror with the lights actually on, but it’s not too bad. Shorts to cover the worst of the ills, baggy top that, if I stand THIS way, hides those bits… hmm. Will do. It's called a two-piece, while not actually a bikini... oh, a tankini, that's it... I'm just a bit miffed at that though... who are they calling a tank?!

Anyway, we went. Fun ensued just trying to open the locker via the onboard computer (!) and I paid double for it somehow. Why you need to be tech-savvy to use a bloody pool locker is beyond me (as was how to punch in the necessary code) but with a wee smile at the guy, he fixed it for us. Between the closing and opening of said locker, we had a wee swim, a looong languish, blethering in the Jacuzzi, and another wee swim. A cuppa in the canteen ensued, once I’d found her, after sitting waiting on her for ages (I left by one door, she left by another). Next time we will be taking an actual class with exercises in the water. We might resort to ‘our relaxed method’ after trying that, but we’ll see. The idea is to move more… more than we probably did on our own.

I’ll let you know when the difference shows. I rather like the swimming pool job as you don’t get all sweaty and exhausted with it all, but I do hate getting dry in those little cubicles. There’s always a used plaster on the floor or hairs lying about and I never do get properly dry before getting dressed. Still, it’s at least doing something and it’s not expensive. Even I know there will be no miracle transformations happening any time soon, but nobody can say I’m not trying to look after myself.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleased to hear if you have any comment...keep it clean, I will not be monitoring things.