Thursday, January 30, 2014

First Weekiversary

A week already!
Time flies when you're having fun. I'm not sure the fun part actually applies in this situation but the time has flown, have to admit. Happy at myself for thinking I'd invented the word weekiversary, I checked online and it's listed under 'urban dictionary' damn it.

Been pretty woozy since day three, which I'd forgotten was to be expected and was putting it down to the drugs (which may or may not have warped my brain cells) but I think it's more to do with the fact that it's my ear has been operated on... makes sense.

I developed an unexpected black eye... a real cracker... on Saturday. Weird to wake up to it. I had stumbled to the bathroom on waking... what a fright! It's actually fading now already and J. isn't in hiding any more. A black eye does have such terrible connotations haha... Well there are more ways to get one so it seems... not least among those, getting your ear sliced at the back and your skull bored into. My ear is nice and purple at the back now too. J. can't look, I'm not a bonny sight.

Sunday I slept away and stayed in bed. Couldn't have done much if I'd even tried but I still ate breakfast and dinner, if just not with much gusto. I feel a bit... slow motiony? Topsakal said already that it's no longer the anaesthetic so must be the drugs, combined with balance centre being knocked off kilter. Prednisolon was finished last night though, and now only an antibiotic course to finish and anti-inflammatory to take, plus paracetamol/codeine for pain, which has been minimal, have to admit.

Having slept so much throughout Sunday, I couldn't sleep at night so gave up and joined J in his room at about 2am until 4. He made me soft boiled egg on crackers and saved my life yet again. We watched telly together for the first time in ages and I actually felt pretty good when we eventually went to bed. Monday afternoon, all woozy again but first thing today, Tuesday, I was ok. But that was then and this is now, and I'm flying again... all very disconcerting being out and about actually.

My broken wrist is definitely improving, but am writing this at the library as attended the pain clinic today and have still to see the surgeon about it. Feel a bit of a fraud as pain has definitely subsided,  although being on painkillers for the CI may of course be helping there. I am typing two handed for the first time right now, but it's not pain free so still work to do there.

Stitches behind my ear will be removed on Thursday, tomorrow... awful early appointment in Utrecht so hoping to change it but not heard back yet. Then it's another coupla weeks before getting my bits and bobs and all switched on, followed by weekly adjustments and speech therapy work for a whiley.

Have had so many lovely responses on Facebook... unreal really. Lots of emails, and visitors, and flowers sent... so thoughtful and much appreciated.

More news soon.

Addendum: It's now actually THURSDAY as I couldn't post this before... computer problems as well as feeling awful... kill me now! Update via next blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleased to hear if you have any comment...keep it clean, I will not be monitoring things.